Saturday, March 17, 2018

cancer update

O
Dear friends
It is one year this week since my colon cancer has been diagnosed. Thank you Lord for another year with Sally. She bought a car last week/ actually just changed the ownership to her name. And she still has time for her baking in spite of many more errands. (We appreciate good house help.)
We talk to Jon &Maike almost every Sunday on FaceTime. Over the past few months things have been deteriorating slowly, but for the past 6 weeks or so, more rapidly. I am on bed rest most of the time since I am most comfortable laying down. Mostly reading, streaming music (enjoying Andre Crouch), Francis Chan sermons etc. on YouTube, but lately sleeping more and getting tired more quickly. My appetite is small and I am losing weight again.
I am not comfortable if I am up for more than 15-20 minutes, so we are entertaining visitors in the bedroom. I am still able to get up for meals, shower etc. I am thankful for each good day, but am having more bad days. And also thankful for minimal pain from the colostomy surgery and no pain from the tumor.
Thanks for your prayers for peace & strength. -dh

No comments: