Sunday, November 17, 2013

SPIRITUAL INSIGHTS from...”
Watchman Nee


Matthew 11.28-30 “Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest.
Place my yoke on yourself and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest for your souls, because my yoke is pleasant, and my burden is light.”


“What is it to be yoked to the Lord? It implies willing, contented cooperation with him in the divine plan. Of course the yoke limits the ox; it cannot wander all over the field as it pleases, but must take a straight line forward. That way the work gets done.... And here is the value of the lowliness of heart that does not think big, ambitious things of itself, but is willing for any place God appoints, even though it be at the very bottom.”
In this chapter of Matthew we see the apparent frustration of the Lord's public ministry, in that only ordinary & disreputable people had understood and responded to it. “How undignified!” we might exclaim. But no: “I thank you, O Father,” were his words, “for so it was well-pleasing in your sight.” ...He was perfectly willing for what God has ordained. Now the question is, “Are we content to accept his limitations and go along with him?” For the deepest rest is “rest for your soul.”
                                     from “Table in the Wilderness”


Matthew 11.25,26 “Thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth. You've concealed your ways from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people. Yes, Father, that's the way you like to work.” -Jesus (in “The Message”)


Matthew 11.28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you will recover your life. I will show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me – watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you will learn to live freely and lightly.” -Jesus (in “The Message”)


-dh

No comments: